We accept the following insurance plans:
1st Medical Network PPO Commercial
BCBS HMO/POS (except pediatric patients)
BCBS of GA PPO
Beech Street Corporation PPO
First Healthcare CCN
First Healthcare Southcare
First Healthcare W/C
GHS Employee HMO/POS
Great West Healthcare HMO/POS/PPOHTH
LifeWell Health Partners EPO/PPO
Peach State Health Plan
USA MGD Care
USA MGD Care W/C
Please call us @ 678-205-2437 if your plan is not listed.
FOR PEDIATRIC PATIENTS - WE DO NOT ACCEPT BCBS HMO & POS; KAISER AND HUMANA HMOX
The patient is expected to have the proper insurance information in order prior to the visit. This includes listing the office PCP. Patients who fail to present this information will be asked to pay in full or to reschedule the visit.
The patient is expected to present an insurance card at each visit. All copayments and past due balances are due and payable at the time of service.
Self-pay accounts are patients who are covered by insurance plans that this office does not participate in, patients without an insurance card on file, or at the time of service, do not meet the deductible. It is expected that payment is required at time of service for all services.
Missed appointment fee
A $40 fee will be assessed for all patients who fail to show up for their appointments, who fails to give at least a 24 hours notice to the clinic for cancellations of their appointments, or who are late for their appointments by at least 1 hour.
Extended payment arrangements
For procedures exceeding $300: 75% of the total fee from an office visit is to be paid at the time of service. The remaining balance is to be paid over the next three months in equal monthly payments due by the first of every month. Patients who fail to make a monthly payment will be sent to a collection agency and maybe terminated from the practice.
Non participating insurance plans
The financial obligations of the patients who are insured by carriers that the practice does not participate with are considered a Self-pay account. The insurance company will reimburse the patient on non-assigned claims. If the office receives payment for a non-assigned claim, the patient will receive a refund within 10 days.
The following criteria must be met prior to issuing a patient refund: The patient has not been seen in the office for 90 days, there are no outstanding insurance claims on the patient's account, and there are no outstanding patient balances on the account.
In cases of divorce, the individual who brings the child in is responsible for payment of copays, coinsurance and nonparticipating insurance balances at the time of service. We will not bill a divorced spouse for the patient's service.
Child custody cases
The parent with primary custody is usually the parent with whom the child lives and who usually brings the child to the office for care. The custodial parent is responsible for payment at the time of service whether the account is considered self-pay, participating insurance, or non-participating insurance. If the noncustodial parent carries the insurance on the child, the office will bill the insurance company. The office does not get involved with divorce specifics, e.g., one parent pays 80% and the other 20%. It is the parents' obligation to work out an arrangement themselves or through the court systems.
If your insurance company requires referrals be made, you are required to notify the referral department before you go to the appointment. In most cases, the patient will need to be seen in our clinic before any referrals are made. If you visit the ER or Urgent Care department over the weekend, you must contact the office the following Monday. For all referrals you must speak with the referral department. The physicians do not place the referral. Due to contractual obligations with your insurance company we will not be permitted to back date a referral date.
This financial policy help the office provide quality care to our valued patients. If there are any questions or clarifications needed of any of the above policies, please feel free to contact us.